sexta-feira, 9 de novembro de 2012

Teen

Hailing from Brooklyn, Teen delivers us one of the most pleasant surprises I had in the last half of the year, together with The Bilinda Butchers and Alligator Indian. Composed of four girls, they made the debut at April 2011 with an Little Doods EP, digital-released only, and then came out their first full-length, titled In Limbo, released at August of this year. If you've ever wondered how a psychedelic pop group sounds like, you'll get the answer in this album, 'cause they're the closest of this definition: Neo-psychedelic tunes driven by pop and easy melodies, such that it's not afraid of exploring Dream Pop, Surf Rock, Lo-fi Chillwave, whateverwave, synths, tremolos, tribal percussions and many other exotic landscapes in a natural way. Not surprisingly, this album was produces and mixed by Sonic Boom (Spacemen 3), so you can get an idea of the incandescent talent of these girls.


Therefore, it's a highly recommended album for anyone who's into the newcomings sorta-psychedelic acts like Diiv, Young Prisms, Teen Daze, Echo Lake and even the Bilinda Butchers and Alligator Indian I quoted right above. But I must warn you: DO NOT get fooled by the name! I turned my nose when I first saw someone talking about them, but after reading some extremly positive comments, I couldn't resist and gave it a listen. I regret a lot for taking them for granted almost immediatly, that's why I tell you to not commit the same mistake, huh?

















get it! (new link from Mega)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário